Frequently Asked Questions

Do you travel within Australia for weddings?

Yes, for a small fee to cover travel costs (flights, transportation, accommodation) we will travel anywhere in Australia. We are based in Newcastle, NSW.

 

What about overseas weddings?
Definitely! We love combining our love of photography with our love of travel! We offer special rates for shooting overseas, so please do not hesitate to ask. for a quote.

Between the two of us we have visited the following places and would love to add to the list: Italy, Greece, England, Spain, Switzerland, Norway, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Japan, Philippines, Hawaii, USA, Mexico, New Caledonia, Thailand, Sri-Lanka, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Fiji, and Vanuatu.

How does your photography team work?

Dan is your man from the initial contact through to shooting all your images on the wedding day. He’ll be there to capture all your beautiful and special moments. Bek will finish up the editing process so your images are all complete and ready to deliver to you.

 

Do the two of you ever shoot weddings together?

Occasionally Bek will come along and shoot as a second photographer for a bit of back up support, but usually Dan is the one behind the camera.

What is your favourite type of wedding to shoot?

We absolutely love unique, non-traditional weddings and elopements! If you tell us you're planning on having a barefoot wedding on top of a mountain we're 100% down with that! The more adventurous the better. We also love it when couples are prepared to do whatever needs to be done to get epic af wedding photos. That may mean scheduling enough time to hike to an awesome lookout, or being prepared to get that pretty white dress a bit dirty in the process (face it, its going to be filthy by the end of the night no matter what you do)! 

What happens if it rains on our wedding day?

We get wet. Just kidding, but seriously, if you're feeling adventurous and are keen to go out in the rain and get some epic shots we are definitely up for it! Rain can actually look amazing in photos so it's not always a bad thing. If you would prefer to stay dry we can always find some sheltered areas or take photos inside out of the weather. Either way we'll make  it work!

 

Should we add a second photographer to our wedding package?

This is always a good option as it allows us to be in two location's at once (eg, both partners getting ready at the same time). It also allows us to capture the events of the day from two different perspectives and also acts as a bit of an insurance policy to reduce the chance of missed moments during the day. All of the photographers we use are highly experienced and are very talented. 

 

How many images are included?

Although we don't have a set number of images that we promise to deliver, typically we would expect there to be somewhere between 40 to 80 images for every hour that we are with you. Not every image we take will be included in the final album as there are always some images that a bride (or groom) doesn't need to see! We take the time to pick out the very best images so you aren't left with 20 photos of the same thing.

Do you include the RAW (unprocessed) files?

No, we do not include our RAW files, and these cannot be purchased. Our post-processing is a vital part of our work and is what give our images their signature look. This is also why we ask that you do not edit or apply filters to any of our images.

How does your payment process work?

We require a 20% deposit up front in order to secure your date in our calendar. The remaining 80% is due one month before your wedding date. All payments are via bank deposit.

Can you photoshop/retouch our photos?

In most cases we do not do any touch-ups on our photos. We want you to remember yourselves the way you were on your wedding day and therefore we don't alter the way that you look. Having said that, if you have any minor skin blemishes, bruises, or anything else that wouldn't normally be there we can do our best to minimise or remove it from the photos.

Do you photograph families? 

Although we have done a limited number of family shoots in the past we don't currently offer this. When we are not shooting weddings we like to spend our time with our own family.